- The State Development Grant Program is for rehabilitation of properties that are listed on the National Register of Historic Places or a contributing property in a historic district or/and archaeological development of a site listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The funding source for this grant program is appropriated by the WV Legislature, through Lottery Funds.
- The Survey & Planning Grant Program is for conducting architectural/archaeological surveys, National Register nominations, predevelopment plans, heritage education projects, etc. The funding source for this grant program is the Historic Preservation Fund, National Park Service.
- The Endangered Historic Properties Fund Program is to provide emergency funding through a grant for the preservation of threatened and endangered historic and prehistoric structures and sites. For more information Program Description.
Survey and Planning Grant Specifics
Forms for grant applications:
New! Click Here for the GOapply Online Application Portal.
Save time and apply online! Create a Login and get started!
Make sure to read all the information in our WV SHPO GOapply User Guide! If you experience issues with the portal, please contact GOapply coordinator, Susan K. Wood, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grant Program Deadlines
- Development Grant Application – Annual Deadline: Postmarked March 31 (or April 1 if March 31 falls on Sunday)
- Survey and Planning Grant Applications (CLG Grant Program) – October 31