- The State Development Grant Program is for rehabilitation of properties that are listed on the National Register of Historic Places or a contributing property in a historic district or/and archaeological development of a site listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The funding source for this grant program is appropriated by the WV Legislature, through Lottery Funds.
- The Survey & Planning Grant Program is for conducting architectural/archaeological surveys, National Register nominations, predevelopment plans, heritage education projects, etc. The funding source for this grant program is the Historic Preservation Fund, National Park Service.
- The Endangered Historic Properties Fund Program is to provide emergency funding through a grant for the preservation of threatened and endangered historic and prehistoric structures and sites. For more information Program Description.
Survey and Planning Grant Specifics
Forms for grant applications:
Grant Program Deadlines
- Development Grant Application – Annual Deadline: Postmarked March 31 (or April 1 if March 31 falls on Sunday)
- Survey and Planning Grant Applications (CLG Grant Program) – October 31