- This event has passed.
The Governor’s Arts Caravan
August 1 @ 9:00 am – August 5 @ 11:30 am
The Governor’s Arts Caravan is coming to a town near you. The West Virginia Department of Arts, Culture and History (WVDACH) and the State Arts Office will host an upcoming arts caravan, featuring a series of five grant workshops around the state to discuss grant programs with artists and arts organizations. Available grants include six October 1 grant programs and rolling deadline funding opportunities.
Each session will last approximately two and a half hours and consist of an overview of available grants and services provided by the WVDACH. Curator Randall Reid-Smith and arts office grant coordinators will be on-site to lead workshops and answer any questions. All workshops are free and open to the public. Pre-registration is not required. Locations and times are as follows:
· Monday, Aug. 1, 9 – 11:30 a.m.: Granada Theater (Bluefield, Mercer County)
· Tuesday, Aug. 2, 9 – 11:30 a.m.: Greenbrier Valley Theatre (Lewisburg, Greenbrier County)
· Wednesday, Aug. 3, 9 – 11:30 a.m.: Pocahontas County Opera House (Marlinton, Pocahontas County)
· Thursday, Aug. 4, 9 – 11:30 a.m.: Art Museum of WVU (Morgantown, Monongalia County)
· Friday, Aug. 5, 9 – 11:30 a.m.: Parkersburg High School (Parkersburg, Wood County)
To learn more about the Arts Caravan, contact the arts office staff at (304) 558-0240. Sample grant application packages, including eligible project expenses and evaluation criteria, are available at https://wvculture.org/agencies/arts/grants/ or by contacting the arts office.
Have an event to add to the calendar?